- Painting school mini group in Russian and English
- Portuguese: Elementary: Mini-group based on English
- Italian Chat Course: B2 Mini Group
- Spanish Chat Course: B2 Mini Group
Language learning contact: Terje Kruusimaa email@example.com
Courses in Estonian, where teachers can assist in English
- Metalwork: Jewelry with stones
- Metalwork: Ring with pattern
- Metalwork: Ring with stone
- Ceramics: Eva Krivonogova’s ceramic studio for different levels
- Ceramics: Eva Krivonogova’s Ceramic Studio I semester
- Crafting Bone Jewelry and Needles
- Silver Clay Jewelry: Silver clay pendant or earrings
- Silver Clay Jewelry: Silver Clay Ring
Arts and Crafts contact: Kristiina Kaarlõpp firstname.lastname@example.org
Tartu Folk High School aims to implement the idea of lifelong learning and welcomes adults of all ages. Our school is open to all who wish to develop their talents, refresh their knowledge, or learn something new in order to cope with life. We offer various possibilities for self-improvement that are connected with work or leisure time. Instruction includes longer courses, one-day courses, or shorter lectures, which are taught either during the day or in the evening. In addition to training, we organise cultural events, exhibitions, and concerts. We also host summer schools in beautiful places in the Estonian countryside.
TFHS was established in 1987. During the first 14 years, it was known as Tartu Cultural University. In 2001 the Tartu Cultural University Association, Turku Adult Training Foundation, and Tartu City Government created the independent foundation, Tartu Folk High School.
Today TFHS is the biggest training centre in South Estonia. TFHS has been continuously developing a modern, professional adult training centre that provides high-quality continuing education to meet adult educational, cultural, social, and economic needs.
TFHS is a founder of the Folk High Schools Union, which is a member of the Estonian Non-Formal Adult Educational Association.
TFHS is a leading partner in different local and international projects and a reliable partner in cooperation projects.
More information about international co-operation, please contact project manager Ena Drenkhan: email@example.com.
Instruction includes longer courses, one-day courses, or shorter lectures, which are taught either during the day or evening. Each year Tartu Folk High School teaches approximately 6000 students and 700 study groups.
Different fields in TFHS
- Language (17 different languages)
- Flower arrangement and gardening
- Textile arts and handicraft
- Culture and music
- Health and beauty
- Psychology and self-development
- Project management
- Computer classes
- Client servicer training
- Adult trainer training
- Motivation and career training for job seekers and school dropouts
In many arts, handicraft, flower arrangement and other courses, where focus is on practical activities, some translation to English will make it possible to participate even without knowing the Estonian language.
Blacksmith’s training in English (1-2 participants): one day workshop or a longer course (112 hours).
For more information please contact Kristiina firstname.lastname@example.org or call 7361537.
About learning musical instruments (accordion, guitar, piano or flute) please contact Anneli email@example.com or call 7361540
Pepleri 4, Tartu 51003
Tel/fax: +372 736 1540
GSM: +372 523 3116
TFHS Arts Centre
Vaksali 7, Tartu 50410
Tel/fax: +372 736 1548
GSM: +372 5330 5205