- Estonian for beginners zoom 0>A1. 27.06-05.10.2023 on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 17.39 to 19.30.
- Estonian for beginners 0>A1. 18.09-18.12.2023 on Mondays and Wednesdays from 16.45-19.00
- Estonian for beginners zoom 0>A1. 25.09.2023-15.01.2024 on Mondays and Wednesdays from 10.00 to 12.00
- Estonian language zoom A2.1. 26.09-12.12.2023 on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10.00 to 12.00
- Estonian language A2.2. 19.09-11.01.2023 on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 18.30 to 20.00.
- Estonian language B1.1. 18.09-10.01.2023 on Mondays and Wednesdays from 19.15 to 20.45.
- Estonian language B1.2. 18.09-09.01.2023 on Mondays and Wednesdays from 17.00 to 18.30.
Language learning contact: Terje Kruusimaa email@example.com
Courses with assistance in English
In many arts, handicraft, flower arrangement and other courses, where focus is on practical activities, some translation to English will make it possible to participate even without knowing the Estonian language.
Questions about courses in Estonian, where teachers can assist in English: firstname.lastname@example.org
About learning musical instruments (accordion, guitar, piano or flute) please contact Anneli email@example.com or call 7361540
Tartu Folk High School aims to implement the idea of lifelong learning and welcomes adults of all ages. Our school is open to all who wish to develop their talents, refresh their knowledge, or learn something new in order to cope with life. We offer various possibilities for self-improvement that are connected with work or leisure time. Instruction includes longer courses, one-day courses, or shorter lectures, which are taught either during the day or in the evening. In addition to training, we organise cultural events, exhibitions, and concerts. We also host summer schools in beautiful places in the Estonian countryside.
TFHS was established in 1987. During the first 14 years, it was known as Tartu Cultural University. In 2001 the Tartu Cultural University Association, Turku Adult Training Foundation, and Tartu City Government created the independent foundation, Tartu Folk High School.
Today TFHS is the biggest independent training centre in South Estonia. TFHS has been continuously developing a modern, professional adult training centre that provides high-quality continuing education to meet adult educational, cultural, social, and economic needs.
Tartu Folk High School is a co-operation partner of the Estonian Unemployment Insurance Fund Training Card.
TFHS is a founder of the Folk High Schools Union, which is a member of the Estonian Non-Formal Adult Educational Association.
TFHS is a leading partner in different local and international projects and a reliable partner in cooperation projects.
More information about international co-operation, please contact project manager Maarja Keba: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instruction includes longer courses, one-day courses, or shorter lectures, which are taught either during the day or evening. Each year Tartu Folk High School teaches approximately 6000 students and 700 study groups.
Different fields in TFHS
- Language (17 different languages)
- Flower arrangement and gardening
- Textile arts and handicraft
- Culture and music
- Health and beauty
- Psychology and self-development
- Computer classes
- Adult trainer training
Pepleri 4, Tartu 51003
Tel/fax: +372 736 1540
GSM: +372 523 3116
TFHS Arts Centre
Vaksali 7, Tartu 50410
Tel/fax: +372 736 1548
GSM: +372 5330 5205