Target group: Learners whose main aim in moving towards level C1 (advanced user) is to upgrade in terms of vocabulary and whose score in the Placement Test is ≥ 40. As an extra feature the course boasts a teacher generated e-dictionary that also includes some Estonian counterparts. Total of 35 Classes: 35 x 45 min (30 in Classroom + 5 of e-learning) + 10 independently. Small group of 3-5 students.
Course TextBook KeyNote was awarded a prize for excellence in course innovation (2016) as the first TextBook built around the globally popular TED Talks, where charismatic speakers present their ‘TED ideas worth spreading‘.
- Listening: TED Talk 1-6 by both native & non-native speakers & audio Tasks
- Speaking 1: tricks of public speaking
- Speaking 2: intriguing infographics & texts for Speaking Tasks
- Speaking 3: Tasks for Critical thinking
- Speaking 4: Tools 1-4 for Fluency, incl RASA skills
- Vocabulary tasks incl vocabulary video Tasks & Tasks on Quizlet
- 6-minute Writing Challenge 1-3
- Writing for Business in semi-formal style, incl Giving negative & positive feedback
- Review: TextBook Tests 1-3 + Challenges 1-6 on Kahoot app
E-learning: (1) 12 Vocabulary sets with Tasks on Quizlet, (2) 15 follow-up blogs of in-Class conversations, (3) 6 Challenges on Kahoot app, (4) personal feedback on 3 Writing Challenges
- TextBook Keynote Advanced C1 + Keynote handouts & tests + Keynote website
- Teacher generated compendium: (1) access to e-dictionary extra & Tasks, (2) 15 follow-up blogs of in-Class conversations, (3) Worksheets ‘4 Tools for Fluency‘, (4) 6 Challenges on Kahoot app
- e-dictionaries: https://www.lexico.com/en, http://www.freecollocation.com/, http://www.macmillandictionaries.com/about/collocations-dictionary/