Target group: Learners whose main aim in moving towards level B2 (independent user) is to upgrade their vocabulary and whose score in the Placement Test is ≥ 30. The course has a teacher generated e-dictionary extra that also includes some Estonian counterparts. Total of 35 classes: 30 in Classroom + 5 of e-learning + 10 independently. Small group of 3-5 students.
Course TextBook KeyNote was awarded a prize for excellence in course innovation (2016) as the first TextBook built around the globally popular TED Talks, where charismatic speakers present their ‘TED ideas worth spreading‘.
- Listening: 6 TED Talk videos (featuring native & non-native speakers & audio Tasks) + audio Tasks
- Speaking 1: Tricks of public speaking
- Speaking 2 + Reading: Intriguing infographics & texts to inspire speaking
- Speaking 3: Tasks for Critical thinking
- Speaking 4: 4 Tools for Fluency, incl RASA skills
- Vocabulary tasks incl vocabulary video Tasks & Tasks on Quizlet app
- 6-minute Writing Challenge 1-3
- Writing for Business in semi-formal style, incl Giving positive & negative feedback
- Review: 3 TextBook Tests + 6 Challenges on Kahoot app
E-learning: (1) 12 Vocabulary sets with Tasks on Quizlet app, (2) 15 follow-up blogs of in-Class conversations, (3) 6 Challenges on Kahoot app, (4) personal feedback on Writing Challenge 1-3
- TextBook Keynote Upper Intermediate + Keynote handouts & tests + Keynote website
- Teacher generated compendium: (1) access to e-dictionary extra & Tasks, (2) 15 follow-up blogs of in-Class conversations, (3) WorkSheets ‘4 Tools for Fluency‘, (4) 6 Challenges on Kahoot app
- e-dictionaries https://www.lexico.com/en, http://www.freecollocation.com/, http://www.macmillandictionaries.com/about/collocations-dictionary/